The fabric is a self spotted wool jersey from The Remnant Warehouse. I used a ready made black satin binding for the trim, and found a lone black covered button in my button jar - perfect!
Loved making this. The pattern was clear and came together really well. It was one of those projects that are fun to sew. I really like the way the collar is attached - both simple and easy, but has a lovely finish. The elastic casing was also super simple. Only mods (as such) were that I used interfacing to stabilize the shoulders, and overlooked the bodice and skirt edges together before stitching the elastic casing. Next time I may make the keyhole opening a bit smaller - it shows a fair bit of cleavage!
In terms of sizing, as is usually the case, I fall into different sizes for top and bottom. For this, I measured a 16 in the boobs and a 12 in the hips. As this is essentially a bodice and skirt, I simply used these two sizes when tracing the pattern. This meant that there is less gathering at the skirt top, but it doesn't affect the dress at all.
The fabric itself is very soft and feels lovely on. It was great to sew with too (as far as knits go anyway) - no curling! I used my sewing machine rather than my overlocker for the construction of this, as I really wanted to make it as well as I could. I wasn't sure about stitching the woven bias onto the knit, but it worked well.
Can only repeat - I love it...
- Posted using BlogPress