So, what are they?
Lucy's Christmas dress - an O+S Family Reunion dress. Really sad about this - the fabric I used (the little floral print from Creative Thursday's 'The Gang's All Here') was bought specifically for this dress, and it has taken me so long to get to it. This was my first time making this pattern, and I failed to read the directions properly - I made perfect tiny pin tucks - but they are supposed to be quite large pintucks (1/4"), and therefore the neck facing will not fit (& nor will it fit on Lucy's skinny shoulders!). Solution - quality time with my unpicker. Motivation - none.
Next - the Anya Tunic from Green Bee patterns. This is the third one of their patterns I've used, and while the directions are not O+S, the others, including the matching shorts from this pattern, came together easily. This, however, has not.... Solution - some fiddling and restitching. Motivation - none.
And lastly, a Renfrew top for myself. Not a pattern problem - rather, I really need to learn that cheap knits are a waste of time and money (mind you, it was $12/m, so not even that cheap). The top fits well and looks quite nice (& is a perfect colour match for my 'Deb' skirt), but the stretched neckline looks dreadful, it's off the grain and I don't think it's really worth spending precious sewing time to finish it. (Plus, I am always in two minds about sewing this type of clothing anyway - tshirts are just so cheap to buy). Solution - throw it in the bin!
I do feel that I need to sort these out before starting any further projects - but so uninspired....
- Posted using BlogPress